Why Should Cabinet Makers Care About Using Eco-Friendly Materials?February 14, 2018
Today, we understand how certain elements can negatively affect the air quality of a home. We also know that we need to protect our environment through using the right materials in constructing the various components of a house, including the cabinetry. For all of these reasons, cabinet makers now are turning to eco-friendly materials in their various creations. Below, we further explain why they should do this in order to illustrate our thoughts on the topic.
Eliminates Formaldehyde from Cabinets
One of the main reasons why cabinet makers should use environmentally friendly materials in their cabinets is that they will eliminate formaldehyde from their products. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen and for years has been in traditional building materials, but today, there are alternatives available that are free of this dangerous substance.
Reduces Volatile Organic Compounds in the Home
Instead of finishes that give off heavy amounts of volatile organic compounds or VOCs, there are finishes available with them or low amounts of them today. By using these finishes, the cabinet makers help you preserve the quality of your home’s air. You and your family members will not suffer respiratory issues as a result.
FSC-certified Timber Comes from Sustainable Sources
Another eco-friendly material that cabinet makers should include in their cabinetry is FSC-certified timber. We state this fact since this timber comes from only sustainable sources. Using this type of timber helps to protect valuable forests throughout Australia.
Recycling Old Wood Helps Preserve the Forests
An additional way to preserve our forests consists of recycling old wood from previous products. Many times, this type of wood comes from homeowners, demolished buildings and even recycling companies along with other sources.
Eco-Friendly Materials Are a Cost-Effective Option
With so many eco-friendly materials being readily available on the market at present, they are a cost-effective option for cabinet making. As a result, you will not pay additional prices for these materials in comparison to the traditional, toxic materials of the past. This helps the cabinet makers encourage clients to use these materials and helps the clients be able to afford to protect their home’s environment.
For further details about why cabinet makers should care about using eco-friendly materials, contact Elyse Cabinets. Part of our environmentally materials that we turn to include E-ZERO, SUPER E-ZERO, MDF E-ZERO and particle board E-ZERO options. We try to make our cabinets as harmless as possible to your house and the environment. Our company specialises in cabinets for kitchens, bathrooms, alfresco areas, wall or entertainment units and laundry rooms along with new construction and renovation of bathrooms and kitchens.
For more information:
5 Egan Road, Dandenong VICTORIA 3175
Tel: (03) 9793 7717 Fax: (03) 9793 8118
Mobile: 0414 354 561
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- FAQs about MDF E-Zero Boards: What You Need To Know
- Benefits of Having Customised Garage Storage Cabinets
- Basic Guide When Customising Bathroom Vanity Cabinets
- Costly Mistakes to Avoid When Doing a Kitchen Renovation
- The Popularity of Neutral Colours in Kitchen Cabinets
- New Trends in Cabinet Finishes that You Can Choose From
- Significance of Dovetail Joints in Quality Woodwork for Kitchen Drawers and Cabinets
- Customised Cabinets for Your Home in Melbourne: Stunning Cabinets That Give the Best Vibe
- Rustic Bathroom Renovation Style Ideas for Those with Unique Classic Taste
- Drawer Systems for Kitchen Cabinets: What's New in 2018?
- Unique and Exciting Design Idea Suggestions for Your Alfresco Area
- Why Should Cabinet Makers Care About Using Eco-Friendly Materials?
- Bathroom Design Trends to Watch Out for in Year 2018
- Kitchen Design Trends To Watch Out for in Year 2018
- Kitchen Theme Colours that Best Match Dark Cabinets
- Mix Old and New Kitchen Cabinets in Style
- View all article…
- What Makes E-Zero Particle Board Materials Environmentally Friendly?
- Create the Best Kitchen Ambiance with a New Kitchen Design
- View all articles…
- Classic, Contemporary or Rustic Style Kitchen: What Are Their Differences?
- Modernise Your Living Room Space with Elegantly Designed Wall Units
- View all articles…