New Trends in Cabinet Finishes that You Can Choose FromMay 7, 2018
The new trends in cabinet finishes for 2018 include a variety of both traditional and innovative techniques for contemporary, fresh effects. Especially in your home kitchen, just by updating the finishes on wall-mounted, freestanding or under-benchtop cabinetry, you will introduce a very pleasing and influential new element of decor that will enhance the overall fashion statement of this active room’s interior. In fact, many people notice the finishes on cabinetry before they take note of the actual design features.
Since everyone in your household gathers in the kitchen before meals, while preparing snack foods or to enjoy cool drinks and relaxing conversation after work, school and activities, you want your kitchen to have a stylish yet comfortable and inviting atmosphere. By selecting cabinet finishes that are warm and colourful or cool and calming, according to your own preferences, you will succeed in creating an attractive kitchen interior where family and friends will naturally gather.
Appealing New Trends in Cabinetry Finishes for You to Choose From in 2018
Innovative and fashionable, fresh trends in cabinet finishes for you to choose from during 2018 include the following:
- Paint Finishes. - Newly painted kitchen cabinets can bring a bright, uplifting effect to the interior of your culinary prep and cooking areas. Whether you choose vibrant colours like lemon, tangerine, deep rose red and indigo or softer earth tones like burnt sienna, sandstone and light slate gray, you will create a warm, welcoming environment for your home kitchen. Cabinets made of wood, wood-laminate or metal are easy to repaint, achieving a smooth, even, professional effect. However, plastic laminates cannot be heavily coated with paint and sometimes require paints specially formulated for use on their surfaces.
- Milk Paint Finish. - To achieve the popular distressed surface look, use milk paint, which is composed of milk and lime. Milk paint is organic, chemical-free and completely eco-friendly, which is another good reason for using it on surfaces in your kitchen.
- Stained Finishes. - When you apply a stained finish to your wooden kitchen cabinetry, you can refine the cabinet surfaces without altering or hiding the beautiful natural grain of the timbre. If your cabinet exteriors are nearly flawless, you may want to use a transparent stain. If your cabinet surfaces have some noticeable imperfections, using a darker, somewhat thicker stain to smooth out these surfaces visually is helpful. Stains that are somewhat opaque, when applied lightly, can add interesting effects to your cabinet doors and surfaces.
- Glazed Finish. - Although often referred to as a finish, a glaze is actually another layer that is applied over a coat of paint or stain. The main purpose of using a glaze as the final coating for your cabinet surfaces is to protect the paint or stain finish underneath. Glazes also give more visual depth to the paint hues and stain effects that they cover.
When you consult the cabinetry experts at Elyse Cabinets serving Melbourne and all surrounding areas, you will receive excellent, experienced advice concerning use of all types of finishes for updating your kitchen cabinets. These fine caliber professionals will provide you with full information and techniques for adding the ideal surface finishes to your cabinetry, from traditional to the latest popular contemporary trends.
For more information:
5 Egan Road, Dandenong VICTORIA 3175
Tel: (03) 9793 7717 Fax: (03) 9793 8118
Mobile: 0414 354 561
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- FAQs about MDF E-Zero Boards: What You Need To Know
- Benefits of Having Customised Garage Storage Cabinets
- Basic Guide When Customising Bathroom Vanity Cabinets
- Costly Mistakes to Avoid When Doing a Kitchen Renovation
- The Popularity of Neutral Colours in Kitchen Cabinets
- New Trends in Cabinet Finishes that You Can Choose From
- Significance of Dovetail Joints in Quality Woodwork for Kitchen Drawers and Cabinets
- Customised Cabinets for Your Home in Melbourne: Stunning Cabinets That Give the Best Vibe
- Rustic Bathroom Renovation Style Ideas for Those with Unique Classic Taste
- Drawer Systems for Kitchen Cabinets: What's New in 2018?
- Unique and Exciting Design Idea Suggestions for Your Alfresco Area
- Why Should Cabinet Makers Care About Using Eco-Friendly Materials?
- Bathroom Design Trends to Watch Out for in Year 2018
- Kitchen Design Trends To Watch Out for in Year 2018
- Kitchen Theme Colours that Best Match Dark Cabinets
- Mix Old and New Kitchen Cabinets in Style
- View all article…
- What Makes E-Zero Particle Board Materials Environmentally Friendly?
- Create the Best Kitchen Ambiance with a New Kitchen Design
- View all articles…
- Classic, Contemporary or Rustic Style Kitchen: What Are Their Differences?
- Modernise Your Living Room Space with Elegantly Designed Wall Units
- View all articles…