Mix Old and New Kitchen Cabinets in Style
When you are on a tight budget and need to remodel your kitchen for additional storage, you may wonder if there is a way to do it in a cost-saving fashion. The good news is that there is a way to accomplish this goal by mixing your old kitchen cabinets with new ones. This dramatically reduces the cost of your remodel, but the trick is to mix old and new kitchen cabinets in a stylish manner, so that they do not clash with each other. We share some tips below on how to ensure that both types of cabinets blend together in an eye-catching manner.
Match Sizes Whenever Possible
When old and new cabinets are going to be side by side, it is best to match their sizes as much as possible. By doing so, you provide a sense of continuity. This makes it look like all of the cabinetry belongs together.
Coordinate the Colours of the Finishes
You can finish all of the cabinets in a similar coloured finish or you can place a contrasting colour on the new ones that complement the finish on the old ones in a pleasant way. Many possibilities exist for this. For example, if you add a work island that contains cabinets, you can give it a dark finish to contrast with your light-coloured existing cabinets.
Install the Same Style of Hardware on All of the Cabinets
Add matching hardware to all of the cabinets. This is another way to mix old and new kitchen cabinets in a stylish fashion. Whether you have a traditional, modern, contemporary or eclectic style of kitchen, you can find door handles and hinges that adhere to it.
Ensure That the New Countertops Complement the Old Ones
Do not forget to blend the countertops in a complementary way either by installing the same exact material and colour or by adding colours and materials that belong together. Examples of this is the same colour family of marble or add a dark shade of marble to complement the light shade of marble you may have at present or whatever material your countertops are made from in your present kitchen.
For additional ways to mix old and new kitchen cabinets in a stylish fashion, consult with our company, Elyse Cabinets. We specialise in kitchen renovations and new constructions along with custom cabinetry for entertainment centres, bathrooms, laundry rooms and alfresco areas. On top of all of this, we try to use as many eco-friendly products as possible in the manufacturing of your cabinets.
For more information:
5 Egan Road, Dandenong VICTORIA 3175
Tel: (03) 9793 7717 Fax: (03) 9793 8118
Mobile: 0414 354 561
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Kitchen Theme Colours that Best Match Dark Cabinets
- Mix Old and New Kitchen Cabinets in Style
- Kitchen Design and Renovations: Pros and Cons of Concrete Countertops
- Kitchen Design and Renovations: Should You Go for Engineered Stone Countertops?
- What Are Hybrid Cabinet Doors and What Makes Them Sustainable?
- Laundry Room Cabinet and Storage Ideas
- Why Custom Joinery is the Best
- Custom Carpentry Services for Home Renovations (Bringing Your Own Ideas to Life)
- Bathroom Joinery: Choosing Between Cheap vs Custom Made
- Why Bathroom and Kitchen Designs and Functionality are Important in Home Saleability
- Top 5 Reasons Why Some Kitchen Renovations Go Over Budget
- Sustainable Home Renovation Design Ideas
- Best Bathroom Cabinet Trends for 2017
- What Are the Three Zones for Storage in Your Kitchen?
- Rustic Cabinets and Cupboards: Bringing Vintage Design Style to Your Kitchen
- Reasons Why Alfresco Spaces Never Become Out of Style
- Fresh Ideas for Sustainable Kitchen Renovation Materials
- Kitchen Cabinet Guide for your Home
- Makers and Installers of Modern Entertainment Wall Units that Fit the Budget
- Custom Built Laundry Cupboards: Why Is This a Good Idea for your Laundry Space?
- Pros and Cons of Modular Kitchens
- Explore Different Options for Kitchen Designs before Investing for Renovation
- Sleek Italian Kitchen Style with Clever Storage System
- The New Kitchen Cabinet Rule: Why Tall Cabinets Are In?
- What Makes E-Zero Particle Board Materials Environmentally Friendly?
- Create the Best Kitchen Ambiance with a New Kitchen Design
- View all articles…
- Classic, Contemporary or Rustic Style Kitchen: What Are Their Differences?
- Modernise Your Living Room Space with Elegantly Designed Wall Units
- View all articles…