Importance of Functional Kitchen Cabinets
It doesn’t matter how beautiful your kitchen is on the surface. Whether the cabinets are absolutely gorgeous and you have state-of-the-art appliances. If your kitchen doesn’t have a functional layout for your lifestyle then the beauty and aesthetics really don’t matter.
Having a well-designed kitchen is essential. It allows you to complete tasks easily, efficiently and safely. And since the kitchen is typically the most used room, it is important that the design be functional. In truth, if your kitchen is functional, it will become a favorite room for you, your family and your guests.
Designing a Kitchen
A professional kitchen design includes aesthetics as well as functionality. You should be able to accomplish various cooking tasks with utmost ease. A typical example is the “work triangle”. This efficient design lays out the most important appliances within a few steps from each other; the stove, refrigerator and the sink.
For a busier and bigger kitchen, work stations are the better design. Typically there is a station for every type of kitchen project such as baking, prep work, cooking and canning.
Your kitchen cabinets are also a very important factor in a functional design. Kitchen cabinets organize the room perfectly. Additionally, kitchen cabinet designs include free standing kitchen cabinets and wall mounted. Both types of cabinets work beautifully if they are well planned. Each type is different, so it is important to be careful when choosing your kitchen cabinets. It is usually best to consult a specialist in design and cabinetry to plan the ideal solutions for your kitchen.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Make the Most of Small Spaces
Even if you have a small kitchen, the right kitchen cabinet design can utilize the space to its full potential. For instance, you can increase countertop height so that it gives you additional storage underneath. As well, how cabinet doors open can give you better accessibility even in tight corners.
Custom-Built Kitchen Storage
Cabinets can also be utilized in an island. Shelves can be installed so that cookbooks are easily accessible, your wine collections are displayed and common kitchen gadgets are nearby such as the toaster, waffle iron or blender. Additionally, a large island could include a cubby hole for the children to play. Of course the entrance to the playhouse would be located at the opposite end of the cooking area.
Expanding Your Kitchen Space
If space permits, increase your storage by expanding them all the way to the ceiling or by adding cabinetry into connecting alcoves. You can also make your kitchen appear larger by using light colors. So select light colors for the kitchen cabinets, countertops, tiles and walls.
Galley Type Kitchens
A galley type kitchen is cramped and small spaced. However, frosted glass doors on the upper cabinets will make it feel larger. This is also a great way to display certain kitchen items such seasonal china or your antique pottery.
An island is very useful in a galley kitchen. It offers flexible use of space, more elbow room and it a great way to add more light to your kitchen.
Drawers and Trays
A functional design involves maximizing available space. Drawers and trays in lower cabinets provide easier access instead of uncomfortable bending when you need an item. Drawers can also be custom designed for a specific purpose such as for silverware, measuring cups and spoons, kitchen utensils or hand towels.
A Lazy Susan
Many people think of a Lazy Susan as the small rotating tray that’s sets on the table. However, a Lazy Susan can be built inside a kitchen cabinet. It is the ideal solution for a restricted corner cabinet. They are usually two tiered structures that can bring items in the back to the front with an effortless rotation. Many people use a Lazy Susan for bigger food items like boxes of cereal or canned goods. A Lazy Susan can also be used to store large kitchen devices like pots and pans, toasters, waffle irons and crock pots.
Frosted Glass Cabinet Doors
Functionality should always inspire cabinetry use and structure. You can have both a modern design and functional kitchen cabinets. Frosted-glass cabinet doors make your kitchen seem larger plus they offer a great way to hide pots, pans, plates and glasses.
For more information:
5 Egan Road, Dandenong VICTORIA 3175
Tel: (03) 9793 7717 Fax: (03) 9793 8118
Mobile: 0414 354 561
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- What Makes E-Zero Particle Board Materials Environmentally Friendly?
- Create the Best Kitchen Ambiance with a New Kitchen Design
- View all articles…
- Classic, Contemporary or Rustic Style Kitchen: What Are Their Differences?
- Modernise Your Living Room Space with Elegantly Designed Wall Units
- Benefits of Custom Cabinetry for Home Appliances
- Best Qualities of a Superior Cabinet Maker
- Best Ideas for Small Kitchen Renovation
- Experience Alfresco Living at Your Own Home
- Benefits of Laundry Room Cabinets
- Important Questions to Ask the Experts before a Bathroom Renovation
- The Dos and Don'ts of Kitchen Renovation
- Simple Kitchen Pantry and Cabinet Ideas from Elyse Cabinets
- Transform Your Home's Overall Look with Customised Cabinets from Elyse Cabinets
- Choosing Between the Contemporary Versus the Traditional Bathroom Design
- Trade Secrets of a Successful Alfresco Design for Your Home
- The Essential Benefits of Using Eco-Friendly Materials in Furniture
- Wall Units by Elyse Cabinets to Maximize Your Living Room Space
- Give your Home a Modern Look with Stylish Cabinets from Elyse Cabinets
- Importance of Functional Kitchen Cabinets
- Benefits of having high quality customised cabinets?
- Bathroom Vanity Storage Upgrades
- Eco-Friendly cabinets for your home by Elyse Cabinet Makers
- Kitchen Renovation Checklist
- How to get your cabinets custom made and still save a fortune
- Considering adding or upgrading a Barbeque? Think Alfresco!
- How to use your bathroom vanity as a centrepiece