Costly Mistakes to Avoid When Doing a Kitchen RenovationJune 8, 2018
If it is once again time for a kitchen remodel at your home, you need to realise that you must plan it correctly in order to receive favourable results. When you fail to do so, you can make some rather costly mistakes that you might not be able to afford to remedy right away. To avoid issues, we list some of the most common pricey mistakes with kitchen remodels in the following information.
Hiring a Disreputable Contracting Company
The top mistake to avoid is hiring an unreliable contracting company that produces poor results. Homeowners who fail to perform in-depth research on a company before signing contracts are at high risk of making this mistake.
Placing Functionality Second to Aesthetics
The functional features should always come first with a kitchen remodel. If you place aesthetic elements as a priority, it is easy to run out of money before you create a truly functional kitchen.
Installing Inadequate Lighting Options
Most of the time, the overhead lighting is only sufficient for navigational purposes and not for food prep. You should always include task lighting options in addition to overhead lighting to ensure that you have the proper illumination for all functions that you perform in your kitchen.
Overlooking the Importance of Storage
Another major costly mistake is when you underestimate the importance of storage in a kitchen. If you need to add additional cabinets after a remodel, they typically cost more than when you include them in the original renovation project.
Selecting Cheap Materials for Your Countertops
Spend a bit extra to avoid making this mistake with your countertops. Cheap materials are not always as economical as they appear to be since they fail to hold up over time. When you choose one of these materials, you will need to replace your countertops more often than you would if you select a pricier one that is higher quality.
Failing to Use Eco-Friendly Materials and Finishes
Since we understand that various building materials give off unhealthy levels of formaldehyde and that certain finishes emit volatile organic compounds or VOCs, you should not make the mistake of using them in your kitchen renovation. Instead, you should use eco-friendly materials that give off as little formaldehyde as possible, if any at all, and environmentally friendly finishes that do not emit VOCs.
To discover additional costly mistakes to avoid when doing a kitchen renovation, consult with Elyse Cabinets. We are experts in kitchen construction and renovation, and we use only eco-friendly materials and finishes to ensure that your home’s interior is as healthy as possible for all who enter it. Also, our results always are highly attractive, functional and durable.
For more information:
5 Egan Road, Dandenong VICTORIA 3175
Tel: (03) 9793 7717 Fax: (03) 9793 8118
Mobile: 0414 354 561
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- FAQs about MDF E-Zero Boards: What You Need To Know
- Benefits of Having Customised Garage Storage Cabinets
- Basic Guide When Customising Bathroom Vanity Cabinets
- Costly Mistakes to Avoid When Doing a Kitchen Renovation
- The Popularity of Neutral Colours in Kitchen Cabinets
- New Trends in Cabinet Finishes that You Can Choose From
- Significance of Dovetail Joints in Quality Woodwork for Kitchen Drawers and Cabinets
- Customised Cabinets for Your Home in Melbourne: Stunning Cabinets That Give the Best Vibe
- Rustic Bathroom Renovation Style Ideas for Those with Unique Classic Taste
- Drawer Systems for Kitchen Cabinets: What's New in 2018?
- Unique and Exciting Design Idea Suggestions for Your Alfresco Area
- Why Should Cabinet Makers Care About Using Eco-Friendly Materials?
- Bathroom Design Trends to Watch Out for in Year 2018
- Kitchen Design Trends To Watch Out for in Year 2018
- Kitchen Theme Colours that Best Match Dark Cabinets
- Mix Old and New Kitchen Cabinets in Style
- View all article…
- What Makes E-Zero Particle Board Materials Environmentally Friendly?
- Create the Best Kitchen Ambiance with a New Kitchen Design
- View all articles…
- Classic, Contemporary or Rustic Style Kitchen: What Are Their Differences?
- Modernise Your Living Room Space with Elegantly Designed Wall Units
- View all articles…